Collaborator main banner
The Collaboration WCM
THE COLLABORATORS FOR TRANSFORMING EDUCATION
The Collaborators is a five-year long Public Private Partnership between EdelGive, a consortium of donors and implementing organisations with the Department of School Education and Sports (DSES) started in 2016 to implement the Pragat Shaikshanik Maharashtra (PSM); a Government-prioritised movement for educational transformation in the State.
EdelGive has signed an MoU with GoM, with a clear vision to enhance the quality of elementary education (Language and Maths) across the entire State.
EdelGive is the anchor funder and brings together the four stakeholders viz. funders, government, NGOs and the community. This effort is an intrinsic part of EdelGive’s belief that solving complex social problems at a systemic level and scale requires collaboration amongst various agencies to bring about a positive change in backward areas. The coalition aims to identify and disseminate best practices to improve learning outcomes of children (Class 1 to 7), that can be integrated into the government system using the constructivism approach.
The intervention focuses on three speciﬁc objectives:
- Enhancement in learning outcomes of children resulting in transformation of schools to Pragat School.
- Support to the education system by conducting capacity building of educational functionaries at multiple levels.
- Improved Community Engagement
EdelGive celebrates the power of Collaborators in Transforming Education in Maharashtra
EdelGive Foundation held the Collaboration for Transforming Education event to showcase the progress and achievements achieved over the past 2 years. State Education Minister Shri. Vinod Tawde also graced the event with his presence to encourage this initiative. Phase I of the Coalition has resulted in -
- Improvement in the average learning outcomes of students
- Students scoring above the National & State Average in Mathematics and Language (NAS 2018)
- Reduction in the drop-out of students from schools that happens due to seasonal migration every year